Monday, February 25, 2008

Another blah day here...

*sigh* I am so sick of winter - it seems that this winter has dragged on with no hope of ever seeing green grass or feeling a warm breeze on your face again. About a week ago, after a very cold walk home from the bus stop, I walked in the door and looked at my SO and said, "Global warming my a**." (Not to make light of global warming as I feel it is a very serious issue - but that particular night I was feeling a little irritable.)

That being said, I am having issues finding the desire to create anything new - I get out of bed in the morning, get ready for work, walk to the bus stop, work, go back to the bus stop and then walk back home, perhaps play on the computer, and go to bed. Mundane. Boring. Monotonous.

So I made a decision today to try to update my blog at least several times a week - I said when I first started this blog, that this would be about me and my life - including my jewelery, hobbies, love life and everything else. If you don't want to read my blog, then don't. I won't be offended - really - I won't. But if you want to know a little bit more about me as a person, what makes me tick, what my pet peeves are.....then read away.

Speaking of pet peeves - I have a lot of them. That being said however, my number one pet peeve is people who talk on the phone while I am trying to wait on them. That just grates on my last nerve. (I work in retail and this happens all the time.) I will try to pretend that they are not talking on the phone so I will say something like "Hi - How are you today?" Which is usually followed by this from them: "Yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda">while ignoring the fact that I am STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!! I swear I had a girl yesterday, who talked on her phone so loudly that her conversation could be heard throughout most of the store (I work in a large store). By the way, she was discussing whether she was just going to have her sister as her bridesmaid in her wedding - or a huge wedding party. (I see a future Bridezilla in the making here....) And just for the record here - I understand emergencies, important phone calls, and even answering the phone and asking to call the person calling back - I get that. I do. But please, for the love of all things holy, show some respect to the person on the other side of the counter and get off the phone if it can wait for 2 minutes.

I love people - they make life interesting. But sometimes, I just want to gouge someone's eyeballs out with a spoon for being rude.

Funny thing about my little rant is I have actually had a good day today - bet you can't wait to see me when I have had a really bad day....

No comments: