Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The business end of things

I was off of work today, so I decided to make good use of my time to get some pictures taken so I can list some items in my shops. It isn't too early to start thinking about Christmas.


That being said, I *hate* this part of the process. I hate taking pictures, I hate editing them, I hate trying to come up with a clever, witty description - or at least one that is clear on what you are actually purchasing. I wish that there was some magical way to have this part of the process taken care of. Perhaps some magical spell ("picture takeus") that would do all the work for me. (I have a vision in my head of something like Molly Weasley's magical knitting needles.) Would someone please invent that for me? (And while you are at it - would it be too much to ask for a transporter from Star Trek? I would love to actually meet some of my virtual friends.Thanks.)

So - I have spent the vast majority of the day today taking pictures, sorting, editing, cropping, writing, measuring and promoting - for 2 brand new listings in my store. For those of you who say "no big deal" - I want to tell you that it takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to one hour to create one listing - that's including everything from taking the picture, to actually hitting the "list" button. I am glad to have some new things to list, so I will just smile and pretend that I like this part of it. =)

I am done editing for the night as I do have a pretty decent headache. But I will have several more items to share with you tomorrow. =)



7 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Poor Jules. They pics you've shown look great at least. You're very creative with them. We need to go rock hunting...

Julie said...

Thanks Julie - And at least I have a few more items to list. I am going to try to get a few more taken today.

I think the only way that we will find a really cool rock like that is to go to a rock/gem store. If you want to give it a shot, go right ahead. =)

Aitch said...

Ha ha, I can totally relate to that post - sometimes I just wish there was a magical way of taking oh-so-creative photographs of my work, and I do actually quite enjoy taking the photographs. It just seems to take so long to do the whole process, doesn't it, like you say! Yours look great, by the way.

Julie said...

Thanks for the nice comments Aitch! That makes me feel a bit better - pictures are the one thing that I have constantly struggled with. I know they are not professional grade - but at least they are good, clear pictures that give you an excellent idea of what you are actually purchasing.

I need to get a few more things to use as display pieces in my pictures. I think once I get those, I will be in pretty good shape.

mdgtjulie said...

We really need to find a good rock for you. I'm determined in this.

mdgtjulie said...

I just saw your comment Jules, where you say, "I need to get a few more things to use as display pieces in my pictures. I think once I get those, I will be in pretty good shape." And I came here to mention the rock again only to find out the last comment is from me about your rock. I need to find you a good rock. We could spray paint it black...

Julie said...

I am not opposed to a rock Julie - just need to find one is all. I think that it would be nice to have one for my background. I still want an acrylic hand too.