Thursday, February 10, 2011

Boil, boil, trouble and toil...







Well, I am here. I managed to survive the holidays this year, but I was terribly glad to see them go. My grinch-like persona was magnified by this being the first holiday season without my Dad. Add to that being completely and totally broke - and well - it was a relief when it was over.

The last few months have been chaotic for me. I have struggled at work as I discovered that this was toxic environment to work in. It is hard to stay positive as a server when everything around you brings you down. It all came to a head last Friday night when I slipped and said a cuss word (mind you - away from my tables and no guests heard me) and a manager heard it. In my defense - I had worked 32 hours in 3 days and was pretty exhausted at that point - and was not pleased when I got sat another table that night (after already being there over 10 hours). Monday, I come to find myself without employment which is quite honestly stressing me out. I know I should not have said it - but I did and I cannot take it back. I felt terrible about it right away - and apologized quite a few times about it - but I am human and unfortunately it was a mistake. I have learned from it but hope that I will be able to find gainful employment quickly. However, I am firm in my belief that God does not close one window without opening another.

So, I find myself suddenly with quite a bit of free time on my hands in between searching for a job online and filling out applications. So I have been busy beading. Above I have shared with you the pictures of projects taken over the past few months - but were never posted here on my blog. There will be more pictures coming over the next few days/weeks as I have quite a bit more on my plate - and several patterns that are waiting to be beaded - not to mention all the projects that simply need to be completed. What can I say? I have completion issues. =)

And last but not least, today would have been my Dad's 65th birthday. I miss you so much - you are still my number 1 fan.

1 comment:

Sweet Seahorse said...

Julie, how horrible, but you have sounded very unhappy about work for quite a while now. Think of this as "onward and upward". I was made redundant from a job I hated about 4 or 5 years ago and although it was terrifying to begin with it gave me the freedom to move on with other parts of my life. Big hugs xXx